Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Year of the Strand

*DISCLAMER:  Ben and I are neither Chinese, nor do we believe in astrology*

Visit any Chinese restaurant, and you'll likely see the familiar zodiac calendar placemat beneath your plate of delicious fried rice.  Like me, I'me sure you've searched for your birth year to see what zodiac sign you were born under.  While Ben was born in the Year of the Monkey, I, Renee, was born in the Year of the Rooster.


2010 was the Year of the Tiger.  But for Ben and I, it was more like the "Year of the Ass".  Difficult circumstances made 2010 seem like the worst year ever. 

However, 2011 will be different.  The Chinese zodiac calendar declares it the Year of the Rabbit. 



But, Ben and I have declared it the YEAR OF THE STRAND!



And that is why we started this blog.  We are going to write a daily summary of the GOOD things 2011 brings us.  Then, on December 31, 2011, we can look back and see what our faithful God has done throughout the year. 

Here's to the Year of the Strand!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment