Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday Monday!

Greetings again my fellow readers.

Today, as you may have noticed, is Monday!  Why the exclamation?  Because Monday is a good day in the life of Ben Strand (your author today). 

Today was a generally relaxed and positive day as most are, since I have given my life entirely to the Lord.  When I say entirely I don't mean I *poof* became perfect, I never will be.  It just means that I let him lead me in all my ways.  Some days I struggle at more than others.  I am still a sinner.  I still have problems.  But with God stearing my life, I feel a large amount of peace has come over me.  Even when I face concequences in the future for wrongs I have done, I have the knowledge that He died for all my sins and rose again.  He will restore me and lead me in paths of righteousness.  It feels good to be me now because of Him.

What a great Monday it has been.  Somehow, Renee's driver side visor is stuck in the down postion and hangs directly in front of your face.  I found out they are on national back order and the Saturn distributor quit making them when the brand ceased to exist.  Great!  One option was to have the Mitsubishi dealer put in calls for it nationwide and hope they could find one.  If they did, it was 47 bucks.  I was driving down 65 today and saw John's Auto Parts (salvage yard) at one of the lights.  I swung in and asked if they had one.  The guy said there are 2 Ions out there... have fun!  The first one was sought out by another person with a broken visor.  On the second try I hit the jackpot.  My original quote was 25 bucks, but they let me take it for 5 bucks!!!!  And even better, I got an air filter for the van for $6.  What a great feeling to get such a deal!

Later today I went to my counseling meeting.  Good as always, and he was extra happy I started to exercise.  On to the beginnings of step 4. 

Orgainzed my office and picked up Renee from work.  Gracie helped with both.  She is a good  little helper!

OK, I'm getting long winded - I will see you again on Wednesday.
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment