Saturday, January 29, 2011

beep beep

Hello Everyone!'

Its Saturday today, and it's no ordinary Saturday.  Today was one of the best days I can remember for a long time for a couple reasons.

First off, I had our dear friends Linda and Tom Solum over for a fun-filled day of food, crafts, woodworking and great conversation!  These Saturdays will go down in history as one of the greatest highlights of my life.  I am sure you will see it on my board when you visit me at my funeral.  Linda made the best roast beef and we had sandwiches along with chips, mixed fruit and cheesecake.  Renee made monkey bread for breakfast.  Great times with great people. 

Secondly - I got my first ever brand new car!  I had been contemplating giving up the minivan for a while due to the fact that I drive so many miles, and at 16-18 mpg I was spending waaayyy to much every week on gas.  Too much to the point that we would be really broke really soon.  The van will be missed in times of hauling stuff and people, but those occurances are very few and far between so it made sense to make the change. 

I chose to get a car with good economy, something cute but not stupid and it had to be a hatchback with a rear wiper and good visibility for Gracie to see outside during our travels.  The dog must like the car or otherwise she will bark up a storm.  I had to feel safe, which is very hard to come by in many small car. But when my good car dealer friend Dennis O'Donnovan at the White Bear Suzuki Mitsubishi dealership brought me on a test drive, I must say I found the car that was just the perfect fit for all of my needs and wants.  I have tried several times to get out of the upside-down loan on the van and at last this option actually worked.  I am so excited to present, as you will see below, our new car, Samuel the Suzuki.  He is a cute blue Suzuki SX4 with the safety of all wheel drive, several air bags, roomy interior and abs.  It is a joy to drive this car - it fits my personality perfectly. 


I give God praise and thanks for the blessings he gave us over the weekend.
Ben



No comments:

Post a Comment