Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tuesday Treasures

Today was a day filled with new treasures!

It was the typical workday, except for the fact that I received a bunch of gifts!

For starters, I ate lunch in the cafeteria with my friend Tim, who peeled his orange so that the peel looked like an S.  He gave it to me, saying that S was for Strand.  Way cool.  I can peel oranges to look like an elephant, but I didn't want to out-do him and make him feel bad.  Maybe some other day I can share this talent with him.  Anyway, the S is now hanging in my cube.  It's only a matter of time before it rots, but for now I will choose to enjoy it.



Later in the afternoon, a large package arrived in the mailroom.  It was addressed to me, from my friend Linda who works in another 3M building.  I opened it up to find a bunch of belated Christmas gifts!  In the box was a cookbook from the Baldwin Christian School (where her grand-daughters attend), a bag of pistachio's for Ben, another bag of candy for both Ben and I to share, and last but not least:  a gift for Gracie.

Several months ago, I had dripped a blob of paint on one of my sweaters.  I gave the sweater to Linda, thinking she could make something out of it for one of her many craft shows.  Well... she made a pillow for Gracie!  It is so adorable!  Gracie's name is stitched on it, and it's just the perfect size for her to rest her head on.  It's totally the cutest thing ever.  (Click on the photo for a closer look)




Whether it's an orange peel or a pillow, I love homemade gifts.  I am so blessed to have friends who share their creative talents with me!

Later!
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment