Monday, January 17, 2011

Debits and Credits are Hip If You're an Accountant. Having No Hips is Not Hip If You're Me.

It's official.  I have the first week of Accounting class under my belt.  It's going OK so far.  I'm not a fan of math, so I think I'll have plenty of struggles ahead, but here's the good news:  The Accountant in my division at 3M has graciously offered to help me.  Today, he spent 15 minutes going over the problems I couldn't figure out, which was a huge help.  I am thankful to have people in my life who are generous with their time and talents.

And, a piece of bad news.  While standing at the copy machine today, I leaned against the wall and put my hands on my hips.  Only to find that I no longer have hips.  Where did they go?  Oh wait, I think they're hiding under the layers of my newly developed blubber.  I've never not had hips before.  In an effort to get them back, I went straight to the gym after work and exercised for 45 minutes.  I will probably need to do this at least 3 times a week before my hips decide to show themselves again.  Ugh.

The story of my hipless body is quite depressing - certainly not Year of the Strand blog material.  So I'll end it on a happy note.  Exercising feels good.  I especially love how after working out, you can step outside into 10 degree weather, but your body is toasty warm.  Such a snuggly feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment