Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

So, here's the first official blog of 2011.

New Year's Eve was a lot of fun!  As tradition would have it, Ben and I spent the evening playing board games, watching movies, and eating lots of food!

I made this really yummy onion and chive dip and served it with crackers.  I also made a pizza hotdish that was quite tasty (recipe below).  And, to top it off, we had apple pie (which to me, tasted kinda like nail polish remover, but I ate it anyway). 

We watched Sleepless in Seattle, and Music & Lyrics.  Both of which I purchased at Target for $3.75 each.

Ben won the Yahtzee championship, while I won the Sorry! tournament.   We played Upwords to break the tie.  I managed to win, despite having junk letters in my hand.  X's, Q's and Z's are totally useless.

The best part of the night was giving our dog, Gracie, a big kiss at midnight!  What a great way to start the new year!


From our little family to yours, we wish you a very happy 2011!




*****************************

RECIPE:  PIZZA HOTDISH

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1/4 c. chopped onion
1 can tomato soup
12 oz. tomato sauce
1/3 c. water
1 t. oregano
1 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
6 oz. egg noodles
1/4 lb. thinly sliced mozzarella cheese

Instructions:

Brown meat and onion; add tomato soup, sauce, water and spices.  Layer 1/2of the cooked noodles in an 8x8 baking dish (or 2 qt. casserole).  Cover with 1/2 of the sauce mixture and 1/2 of the cheese.   Repeat with remaining noodles, sauce and cheese.  Bake at 350F for 1 hour.

*****************************

Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment