Sunday, January 23, 2011

Minnesota Cold. Canada Dry.

Canada Dry Ginger Ale. Love it. Just sayin.

Anyway. Today is Sunday.  It was a weird day.  For some reason, Ben and I could not get moving this morning.  It's like we both got run over by a steamroller in the middle of the night and could not pry ourselves out of bed this morning.  I finally got up at 10AM, and Ben was fast asleep til 2PM.  We missed our whole morning!!  Not good.

But, Ben's mom once again salvaged our afternoon by providing us with a delicious feast.  Today's menu:  pork chops, hashbrowns, spinach, and bread.  These things aren't special by themselves, but Ben's mom has the ability to transform the simplest of foods into the most delicious meal you've ever had.  The pork chops were smothered with applesauce and onions.  The hashbrowns were cooked in a thick soupy mixture that made them kind of like cheesy potatoes, but better.  The spinach was flash fried (had no idea what that meant until I got a personal demostration today) and coated with garlic, olive oil and strawberry jam. The bread was baked fresh today. 



 For dessert, we had the most delicious blueberry crisp.


This meal was washed down with a glass of ice cold milk, which can't be beat.  Last but not least, I was treated to a can of Canada Dry.  My favorite.  I'm not sure why I don't buy this at the grocery store ever.  I need to start indulging in this more often.  It's so refreshing and bubbly!

I realize that I write about food a lot on here.  I can't help it.  I love food.  And I love enjoying it with people that I love.  For me, there's no better way to spend the afternoon.

Have a good week!
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment