Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Getting Down to the Knitty Gritty!

Today, my friends at work began a new Wednesday tradition:  The Knit & Crochet Club!  We are planning to meet every Wednesday during lunchtime to work on various projects.  Fun!

Liz, the Chairperson of the club, is going to be teaching us some nifty new tricks.  She will be the 5th person to try to teach me to purl (we're tackling that next week).   Hopefully the 5th time is a charm!

There are a few crocheters in the club, and I'm hoping to learn from them.  Crocheting has always been hard for me, but maybe this will be the year where I am able to tackle that afgan project I've been dreaming about....

The other exciting thing that happened today was the revealing of the Wonewok agenda.  My division is giving me a free trip to the 3M resort in Park Rapids, MN.  I am going to join 46 of my co-workers for 3 days of fun and adventure in the northwoods!  We're going to go dog-sledding (mush mush!), ice fishing, ice skating, snow-shoeing, and more!  Oh!  And we get to go for a sleigh ride, and cook dinner together, and sing karaoke and eat tons of cookies and cheese!  I can hardly wait!  I don't want to wish the Year of the Strand away, but I sure hope Feb. 2 gets here soon!

Bye for now!
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment