Thursday, January 6, 2011

big delivery!

Hi everyone!  Yup, it is me.. Benny your boy!  I am home from a day of surprises as always.  Usually they are good and today's was good/interesting.  While at one of my clients homes, I had expected an oversized package to arrive while my client was out of town.  It came.  It was art. A picture of something that I still haven't seen since I left it in bubble wrap.  The kicker was its size. It was probably the equivalent of what I can imagine a 72" tv might be.  That wasn't the fun part.  Do you know how they are shipped when coming from a high-end art studio?  I got a 4'x 8' package that was constructed of 2 pieces of 1/2 thick chip board with chip board sides, and a bottom built out of 2x4s, which formed a stand.  The picture itself weighs probably no more than 30 pounds.  The gross weight of the delivery was 125 pounds.  Not only that but it had to go to the 12th floor of a luxury condo.  God bless the freight elevator!  That's all I can say.  The clean up took 2 hours after I got it out of the packaging with hammers and crow-bars.  I think I took over 100 nails out of the thing to break it all down...  the good news is I got the plywood home to make some more cool things in the garage with!

Had a good AA meeting also.  They are a fun, politically incorrect bunch of normal people.  I refer to alcoholics as normal people since they are the only people who think like I do.  It is a great time everytime I go. 

I don't want to keep everyone in suspense but I must save more for my next blog!  Don't be surprised if you have problems sleeping anticipating the next blog.  It's perfectly normal.

Peace out,   
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment