Sunday, January 9, 2011

Fluffy Stuff

Today was a wonderful day, one filled with good company, good food, and fluffy things.

GOOD COMPANY:  I got to visit with my church family, my grandma, my aunt Jan, my mom-in-law, my grandma-in-law, and Gousta the cat.  We talked, laughed, ate, and attempted to complete crossword puzzles.

GOOD FOOD:  Once again, I was stuffed silly by Ben's mom.  I'm sitting here four hours after the meal, and I still can hardly move.  We had delicious salad, chicken, potatoes and dinner rolls... and banana cream pie.  Everything was cooked/baked to perfection.  A perfect way to enjoy a Sunday.

FLUFFY THINGS:   We started the day by going to church, where we received a very good reminder of what it means to find rest in the Lord.  A guest preacher went through Psalm 23 verse by verse, explaining it in a way that really opened my eyes to it's true meaning.  I learned that the Lord should not only be my trusted Shepherd, but also my only source or satisfaction, security and success.  Why, might you ask, would I consider this to be fluffy?  Well, only because a photo of a sheep was projected during the sermon... and it doesn't get much fluffier (or cuter) than that!




What else was fluffy today?  I bought the coolest yarn at Michaels, and it is so fun (and sometimes frustrating) to knit with!  It's like cotton balls connected by yarn.  Below is a photo of the beginnings of a scarf, as well as a close-up of the yarn when knitted.  It's so fluffy and soft!  I'm thinking a sheep could look really cute with one of these scarves tied around it's neck :)



Tomorrow is my first day of spring semester.  I am taking accounting and painting.  Prayers needed!  

I'll leave you with Psalm 23:

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.  He makes me lie down in green pastures.  He leads me beside still waters.  He restores my soul.  He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.  Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.  You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever. 

Have a great week!
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment