Tuesday, February 1, 2011

That's Gonna Leave a Mark

Tonight I played my very first broomball game! 

We used a pond-turned-ice-rink in my friend Tim's front yard.

My team (Me, Greg, Tim and Ben - not my hubby, another Ben) won the game, 15-9!  We played against our work friends; Bruce, Elizabeth, Sophorn and Kevin.

Thankfully, Tim lent me knee pads.  I'd be in bad shape if not for those!   I did manage to get a giant bruise on my leg, after being pelted with a broomball.

Only a few minor embarrassments:  my homemade broomball stick falling apart during warm-up time, and then falling down on top of Bruce during a wipe-out on the ice. 

We warmed up after the game with pizzas and hot apple cider!

No doubt about it, I loved my first broomball game - and hope to play again in the future!


Tomorrow's adventure:  Up North to Wonewok!

Later!
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment