Monday, April 11, 2011

Running like the wind... Well, maybe not like the wind. More like a soft breeze.

Last week I started training for my upcoming 5K, which is scheduled for May 7.  The "Run for Hope" 5K is being organized by Brett Maxwell, who is the son of one of my coworkers.  Brett is a missionary in Tanzania, and is using 100% of the race proceeds to build a Christian preschool in the village he serves.

Check out this website for more details:  http://www.madalavillage.com/

Anyway, I started last week by just running 1 mile every other day.  This week, I'm increasing my distance to 1.5 miles.  My run went great tonight - mostly because I was surrounded by a beautiful sunset, a cool breeze, and lots of cute critters (ducks, dogs, cats and horses!).

I love the way I feel after running.  I try to explain it to Ben in a way he'll understand.  "It's like cleaning out your carburetor," I tell him.  He then tells me that cars don't have carburetors anymore.  I then have to point out the fact that I am a 1980's model, and I DO have a carburetor. :)   Seriously though, I feel so clean and fresh and renewed afterwards, like I've gotten rid of all the yucky inside of me.  It's awesome.

That, and it removes the guilt of eating a bunch of cookies earlier today.  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment