Friday, April 1, 2011

Pay to the Order of GMAC

Something amazing happened today.  I didn't think it would feel as good as it did.  I got out of bed, called my friends at GMAC, got the payoff amount on my car, sat down at my dining room table, wrote out a check for $343.64, put it in an envelope, dropped it in the mailbox, and did a happy dance for all my neighbors to see.

That's right.  I paid my car off.  What a wonderfu-ly awesome feeling.  It's like having a weight lifted off my shoulders.  It's not that my car payment was a burden, but we all know how nice it is to have some extra cash each month. 

My plan is to put this cash away.  Instead of paying for a car each month, I plan on putting that amount into our savings instead.  Hopefully I can stick with that plan, versus listening to that other side of my brain that's telling me to run out an buy an iPad instead.  Must. Be. Strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment