Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

Today was a really really great day!

1) This morning, Bill at work handed me $25.00 and said "Happy Administrative Assistants Day!"   I tried to explain to him that a) I'm not his admin, and b) Admin Day is 3 weeks away.   Still, he insisted that I keep his gift - what an unexpected blessing!

2) I was treated to lunch at the Lake Elmo Inn (my fave!)...to celebrate my nomination for the 3M Pyramid of Excellence Award.  I ate a garden salad, spinach & strawberry salad, pasta salad, snicker salad, dinner roll, steamed veggies, chicken, steak, stuffing, cheesecake, chocolate cake, strawberry torte, pumpkin cookie, marshmallow bar, brownie, and.... yep, I think that's it. 

3) After lunch, my boss called me into his office and gave me a raise.

4) I went out with my friend Liz after work.  We were planning to go to Chilly Time Coffee in Maplewood, only to find it surrounded by a bunch of thug-looking gangstas who yelled weird things at us when we pulled into the parking lot.  So, we picked up some bottled lemonade and sat outside at Battle Creek Park instead.  What a beautiful evening to sit out in the sun with a fabulous friend.

Thank you Lord, for this wonderful day filled with awesome blessings!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment